Postage and Shipping Policy
- Our insignia prices do not include postage / shipping costs - this is added
to the cost of your order.
- There is a minimum charge of £1.50 postage and packing for all orders.
- Items sent within the UK will be sent by First Class post and
items sent outside the UK will be sent by Airmail.
- We send items by Air Mail at 'Small Packet' rate if this is cheaper than
ordinary air mail.
- The Royal
Mail has a maximum weight limit of 2 Kilogrammes for most items (there
is a lower limit for some countries and there is usually a greater limit for
books). If your order is too heavy, we will split it into separate packets.
The postage cost cannot be accurately calculated until the items are weighed
in their packaging.
- We do not reserve items, so the weight of your order may be reduced if
someone else has bought an item you wanted. This is why we recommend using 'Limited-Value
Cheques' which we can complete for a lower amount if postal costs are
lower than anticipated.
- Please do not e-mail us to ask how much the postage costs are likely to
be, as this creates additional work, which may be in vain if part of your
order is sold before your order arrives.
- The best way to work out postage costs is to take an educated guess at the
weight of the items you want (plus the weight of their packaging), and use our quick postal guide.
- Add a little extra to your Limited Value Cheque
in case you under-estimated the weight of the items.
- Include alternative items with your order in case your first-choice has
been sold. If you do not use 'Limited-Value
Cheques' and send too much money, we will add items from your list of
Within the UK & BFPO. The insignia that we send is insured in transit by the Royal Mail. If
the order total is up to £20, there is no extra cost for insurance within the UK. If
your order costs over £20, we must insure it at extra cost.
In line with Royal
Mail compensation limits:
- Packets valued up to £20 will be sent
within the UK by Standard First Class Post
- Packets valued between £20 and £50 will
be sent within the UK by Royal Mail 'Signed For'
- Packets valued over £50 will be sent
within the UK by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Overseas Orders. We normally use Airmail, which gives up
to £46 compensation without tracking. Packets valued over £46 will be sent
as 'International 'Signed For'.
Our address for all correspondence is:
Ian G. Kelly (Militaria)
P.O. Box 66