This business is based in the UK, so all prices on our lists are in British Pounds Sterling (GBP).
Due to rising bank charges, we no longer accept payment in other currencies.
We welcome overseas orders with payment via PayPal - we will send you a PayPal money request in British Pounds Sterling, and PayPal will do the currenct conversion so that you pay in your own currency. This is a routine process.
We will not 'reserve' insignia as experience has shown this to be an unsound business practice. Because we do not reserve items, there is no point in asking for pro-forma invoices.
You do not need a PayPal account in order to use PayPal. You may use normal credit cards such as MasterCard or Visa via PayPal. Some items listed on our website may be sold before your order arrives, so PLEASE use the following procedure:
- Place your order using our Order Form format, including
- your name and address, (plus your customer Client Reference if you know it),
- our stock numbers, item descriptions and the quantities you require,
- alternatives in case your first choices are sold.
- We will calculate the total cost of the available items (including mailing costs).
- We will use the PayPal 'Request Money' feature to invoice you for the goods.
- DO NOT send payments via PayPal until I have confirmed the total cost.
- ONLY send your credit card details via PayPal. DO NOT e-mail credit card details to me - the http://www.KellyBadge.co.uk server is NOT secure.
If ordering by post, please send payment with your order, particularly if you are a first-time buyer. We send a fully itemised receipt with all orders. Click here for postage / shipping costs
Apart from PayPal, we suggest the following payment options.
- 'Limited-value' £ Sterling cheque.
- £ Sterling Postal Orders.
- £ Sterling travellers cheques.
- £ Sterling International Money Order (IMO) - available from the Post Office.
- £ Sterling bank draft.
Please do not send cash by mail - the Post Office advises against this, and is unlikely to compensate you if your letter is lost or stolen in transit. Foreigh cash still attracts UK bank currency exchange fees.
We do not accept Western Union payments because there is no Western Union agent in our town. It would cost too much time and fuel to travel a return distance of 20 miles to collect payment from the nearest agent.
With effect from 16 January 2001, UK Banks stopped accepting Eurocheques. We cannot accept Eurocheques under any circumstances.
A 'limited-value cheque' is one where you address, date and sign the cheque, but leave the amount sections blank.
As a safeguard against the limited-value cheque being lost or stolen, write at the top or bottom of the limited-value cheque 'Not more than _______________'. Complete this line with the total amount of your order plus Air Mail postage (and appropriate cheque negotiation fee if you send payment in your own currency). We will complete the amount sections for no more than the amount you specify. The bank would reject the cheque if we complete it for more than you have specified.
Limited-value cheques cover the following contingencies:
- Items which you order may have already been sold by the time your order gets to us.
- Postage cost depends on the weight of the items that we send to you.
If you do send a fixed payment which turns out to be more than the total amount of your order, we will transfer any credit to an account in your name. This is because it costs us £1.50 in Bank charges to produce a (£ Sterling) refund cheque - a cost we would prefer to avoid if possible. This is probably to your advantage as it may cost you more in Bank charges to exchange my refund cheque than the cheque is worth!